Tuesday 2 June 2020

RESEARCH: INVESTIGATING TRAILERS (INTRODUCTION)

HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT A FILM?

Social media, a majority of the time it is through social media that I find out about films. There are many youtube channels that post trailers of films, and this wear I mostly find out about them. There are also, twitter accounts that post trailers. Twitter also hosts many ads some of which are film trailers. As well as this I watch a range of review channels on youtube, this is also a way in which I learn about a film. I also enjoy using sites like IBDM to find out more on films that I'm interested in.

WHAT MAKES ME WANT TO SEE A FILM?
                                                            
A well-made trailer, a trailer gives the audience an insight into what the quality of the film is like. The trailer also tells the audience a brief overview of the story, telling the audience if they would enjoy the film. An established director is also something I look for when choosing a film to watch. As well as this, an established actor also perswades me to watch. 

HOW DO I KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A FILM?

As said before, the trailer gives a brief snapshot of what the film will look like. If it is a poorly made trailer, it is likely to be a poorly made film. As well as this, you can tell a film quality by the director and their previous achievements. This goes for the same with established actors. If the film is a sequel, I would expect a similar delivery as the predecessor.  

WHAT AM I PAYING FOR MY I BUY A CINEMA TICKET?

When I am buying a cinema ticket, what I am paying for is the unique experience that the cinema offers. When going to the cinema's like Everyman, I am going for the comfort of the sofas they offer. As well as, the food and drink that offers. The main selling point for all cinemas, for me, is the large screen with surround sound speaker which cannot be found in a home. 

ARE THERE SOME FILMS THAT I HAVE TO SEE?

Usually, when there is a film being released by a large company, it is hard to resist watching. Due to all the hype and talk around the film. Marvel's Avengers: Endgame, was a film that felt I needed to see for a multitude of reason. A large portion of the people I know had planned to see, which made me feel more inclined to see it myself. As well as this, the film was the consider to be the last Avengers film, and due to this fact I, a marvel fan, wanted to see how the series would end. 

1 comment: